Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Stevie Wonder - Friend to All

Taking the Plunge
            After years of apartment living I was finally able to get a pet – Misty. She was a pure bred collie whose breeder had no more use for her. What a wonderful friend and the start of a long line of furry, four-legged companions.
          We had decided to be a one-dog family for a while after Hayward went on to Dog Heaven. Janey liked people so much we thought she’d go for it. But after several weeks of watching her mope around the yard and house, we decided to look online for a companion. Voilá, Stevie Wonder entered our lives!
          He was described as part Newfie (like Janey), but seeing him in person that assessment was in doubt. He had been abandoned in the woods and rescued and fostered by the most wonderful “Mom” who named him Stevie Wonder (because he survived) and warned us it might take him weeks to get comfortable with us.
          That was three years ago and from the very moment he entered our backyard and started playing with Janey we knew we were a perfect match. For the next few weeks he’s on vacation (as is your bloggerJ) and enjoying the good life at the Dungeness Pet Resort.
          But that’s enough from me. I’ll let him take it from here.

Stevie Wonder

          What can I say about my dog life? I get two squares a day in a round dish. Seeing my leash come out of the closet makes my heart race. Walks are the best part of my day – better than food even!
          I’ve got two moms who love me and pet me and scratch behind my ears whenever I nudge them while they’re watching TV.
          Of course my best friend is my big sister Janey! We don’t ever cuddle or sleep together or anything “cutesy” like that, but boy do we love to wrestle with each other in the back yard. We do it in the living room, too! We share toys and sometimes play tug o’ war, but our favorite thing to do is jump in the backseat of the car and head to Lake Aldwell on the weekend. It’s not a lake anymore but we get to run and sniff and run and mark and run and play ‘til we can’t play anymore because we’re so tired.
          All in all, I feel pretty wonderful. Get it? Stevie Wonder-ful. That’s me. 



        
  1. Who are you? List 5 words that define you!

Energetic – Happy – Adorable – Inquisitive - Friendly

  1. What have you done that you’re most proud of?

Learned not to run away from the people who love me. My foster mom taught me that. When I first met her I ran away to the Red Lion on the waterfront, and even when the folks there tried to feed me bits of steak, I wouldn’t eat it. I had given up. But my foster mom found me and nursed me and taught me how to trust.

  1. If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?

I have very short term memory. I wouldn’t have stepped on that thorn last week. Now I have to take pills and wear the collar of shame for a week. It’s embarrassing.

  1. On a personal/client level, what drives you crazy? What gives you joy?

Crazy?  The neighbor’s dogs on the other side of the fence. I watch them through the cracks and run up and down but we can’t get together – because of the fence.

Joy? Any time the front door opens and one of my moms comes in. That’s the best.

  1. Given no restrictions (i.e. money/physical capabilities) – what would you most like to do?

Do away with leashes so we could all be free. (I’d come home – honest I would!)       






Playing in the snow with my big sister, Janey.
Relaxing in the sun.
The Happy Family

A dog's life


To follow “Taking the Plunge” go to:
                           Facebook:  Rebecca Redshaw-Writer

   A new profile is posted every Wednesday.  
Contact me if you'd like to recommend a person to Take the Plunge! 

   Share with Friends!

© Taking the Plunge  contact Rebecca Redshaw for permission to reuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment