Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Elizabeth Kelly - Life is an Adventure


          Making new friends at any age is such a joy. Sitting across the room from Elizabeth Kelly in a singing group I realized we shared a birthday. We decided to celebrate over tea and toast. Since that first cup (and many subsequent cups of tea over the years), we found we shared life experiences – love of music, hospice volunteering, reading and writing, and best of all, a love of travel.
          Her calm demeanor is augmented by an inquisitive mind, a zeal for the stage, and a spirit of adventure that’s unmatched.
          We should all live as long and enjoy life as much as Elizabeth Kelly.
                   

Elizabeth Kelly


          I believe I’m in this world to learn who I am. It’s a life-long process and although I’m 80+ years into it, I still have a lot to learn.
I have been singing since I was six (maybe earlier) and love to sing, especially with others. I am also a writer and have written three books, one of which, a memoir, I self-published (sort of). The other two haven’t been published. I write poetry in my head all the time and try to write one poem a week.
My love of the movies has been with me as long as I can remember. I still go to the movies a lot, but also watch them on TV and DVD.       
My children and grandchildren are my greatest joy. I delight in them all and will champion them as long as I live.
I have traveled to all seven continents and been to 49 states (I still haven’t made it to Rhode Island).

Elizabeth Kelly



1.     Who are you? List 5 nouns that define you!

Contentment – Curiosity – Love – Wanderlust – Minimalist

2.     What have you done that you’re most proud of?

I am mother to five beautiful souls.

3.     If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?

I wish I had used the four-year music scholarship to Portland University I received when I graduated from high school in Kelso, Washington.

4.     On a personal level, what drives you crazy? What gives you joy?

Nothing drives me crazy. I’m pretty tolerant.

I get joy from music especially classical, but I love most all music. Nature gives me joy, in all its abundance. I also love good writing, good filmmaking, good painting, good photography, architecture, and of course, good food.
I get joy from hearing others laugh and from laughing at myself.

5.     Given no restrictions (i.e. money/physical capabilities) – what would you most like to do?

My first thought is to say, “Put an end to war,” but I think it’s all a part of our evolution, and perhaps we as a people have to go through it.
My second thought was, “Get rid of all guns, here and abroad.” Of course, that’s just wishful fantasizing.
I’ve always wanted to visit Cape Town, RSA and Kruger National Park.


I really mean it when I say I’m content.






Hawaii 2014


100 Degrees in Cambodia


Cooling off with a vanilla shake in Vietnam

1 comment:

  1. This posting is a tribute to a loving and lovely soul. I'm thrilled e can share her wisdom.

    ReplyDelete