Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Carter Cecotti - "What the Future Will Hold"



Ah, youth. Remember when you first fell in love? When all the possibilities of the world were on the other side of the door, just waiting for you to walk through? Carter flew across the country with his cousin to visit the Pacific Northwest when he was fifteen. It was a time when both boys (who had adult responsibilities at home) could be carefree. Watching their faces glow as they built a fire on the beach at La Push was the chance for older, wiser(?) souls to appreciate the hopefulness of youth.    

Carter Cecotti

Hi, my name is Carter Cecotti. I am a senior at South Park High School and am almost finally done with high school! I met an amazing girl on March 4th 2013 and love spending as much time with her as I possible can. I have great friends and family who I love to be around as well. I used to play soccer my freshman and sophomore year, also I participated in Track & Field freshman and junior year. I have boxed for the last five years and enjoy it; even though I probably won’t fight in the ring again.

          Coming this fall I will be attending The Citadel Military College of South Carolina. I think it’s cool being a legacy and following in my dad’s footsteps. After that I am planning on joining the Army. I haven’t really decided what I would like to do in the Army yet, but probably MP. I know it’s hard to plan ahead because no one knows just what the future will hold. I don’t really want to stay in the military as a career, maybe only be in for six or seven years, then try to get a job in federal law enforcement.  I feel as though that would be a job I would excel in. But you never know what will happen. 







1.  Who are you? List 5 nouns that define you!

     South Carolina, South Park, Friends, Family, Cars

      2. What have you done that you’re most proud of?

The thing that I am most proud of in my life is having to step up and be about 18 years old when I was only 13 so I could take care of my mother who was very ill and help take care of my four year old brother. You really don’t realize how much that type of stuff effects you until you look back on it later.

      3. If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?

I know it sounds stupid but when I think of one thing that I would change only one instance pops into my head.  It was probably about 2005 or 2006 and we were at the local mall. It was me, my brother, and my mom. They were having a hula-hoop competition and the winner would get 4 tickets to see Finding Nemo.

It was just my mom against this other woman and the winner would determined by whoever cheered loudest. Me and my brother thought it was stupid and were probably embarrassed to be there so we hardly cheered and the other lady won. I don’t know why this is such a regret of mine because if my mom was still here she probably wouldn’t even remember it.

If I could go back and change one thing, I would have cheered so loud that there was no way for her to lose.

   4. On a personal/client level, what drives you crazy? What gives you joy?

Hmm, nothing drives me crazier than someone who doesn’t know the rules of the road or a driver who is incredibly bad at operating a vehicle. Something that  makes me very happy though is when me, my friends, and all of my girlfriends' friends can go out to dinner or just hang out and goof around together. I can’t think of too many other things that bring me more joy.
 
5. Given no restrictions (i.e. money/physical capabilities) – what would you most like to do?

If I could do anything in the world at all... I would bring my mom back so that my dad could get to see her and talk to her again even if it was only for five minutes. I know that would make him happier than anything and he would feel the joy that he used to feel with her. It would make me feel better doing that for him than any personal gain I could ever have.



Brothers -Teddy, Me, & Preston

  
Me and Natalie
Hunting with Dad and Friends
 
My Goofy Friends 

No comments:

Post a Comment