Monday, May 20, 2013

Matthew S. Robinson - Ready to "Go Big or Go Home!"



One of the joys for me in writing TAKING THE PLUNGE is featuring interesting people of all ages, from all walks of life, from faraway places. I “met” Matthew when he interviewed me for his online radio show. His passion for movies came across the airwaves and I thoroughly enjoyed discussing SOFA CINEMA, my book of DVD reviews. 

Now it’s my turn to turn the tables and share what I’ve learned about him. In this cyber world you never know if you’ll eventually, physically cross paths with an online connection, but I hope so. I can only imagine how fun it would be to share a bag of popcorn with Matthew at the theatre and talk about the film afterwards. The only thing better would be if we were watching a film he wrote/directed/produced!

Matthew S. Robinson

I'm definitely obsessed with movies. At the age of twelve I've wanted to do nothing else but make movies. Since then I've never stopped writing scripts and making films every chance I get. I am also a stand up comedian and award winning radio show host. I like making people laugh, but at the end of the day what's most important to me is getting people to think. I have a lot of fun doing what I do and can't really imagine doing anything else.



 Matthew

         
1.       Who are you? List 5 nouns that define you!

Funny – Creative – Kind – Workaholic – Recklessly Cautious

2.      What have you done that you’re most proud of?

Oh man, that's a hard one to answer. I've done a lot of things I'm proud of. Graduating from Pepperdine University comes first to mind. But I think I'm most proud of having written, co-edited, and produced a feature length film called “Death Suspects a Murder.” It took a lot of hard work and sacrifice, but it was worth it.

  3.      If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?

I think I would have tried harder in high school. I had to struggle to get into a good school by building up my GPA at community college for two years which was a real strain on me. There are honestly probably a few women I would have not bothered falling for either. But who doesn't have regrets like that?

  4.      On a personal level, what drives you crazy? What gives you joy?

I think one thing that drives me crazy is when you are working on a big project that everyone involved NEEDS to do, to do well in, to complete and you have people not pulling their weight. That really bothers me. I just feel it puts undue stress on everyone else and yet that person who does it halfway or with one foot out the door gets the same credit they would have if they really tried. I don't really believe in Karma, but I do hope that somehow they one day can't escape a large amount of work.

A lot of things give me joy. Maybe I'm an easily pleased person, but my family and friends definitely. I know that's cliché, but they really do. At the end of the day, most of all the major decisions I make are with them in mind. Movies and writing of course give me extreme joy as well. It's almost impossible to describe the bliss associated with walking out of a theatre having seen a great movie.

  5.      Given no restrictions (i.e. money/physical capabilities) – what would you most like to    do?       

With no restrictions I would definitely start making a bunch of movies. I'd probably make my dream project and hire my dream cast or as many as humanly possible. I'd just go for it! Put my secret script I've been working on for the past 10 years out there and see what people thought of it. Go big or go home!




      Follow Matthew on his blog site!    http://www.rfmp.net     

Love dogs? Love comic books? Matthew’s got them both in one spot!
                                                  
http://www.facebook.com/offtheleashcomic


Like "Taking the Plunge?"  Share with friends and family! Also, you can now receive new profiles by clicking "Subscribe by email" at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment