Saturday, April 6, 2013

1st Interview: Allyson Kamrat - Aces in My Book!



          When I was a little girl all I wanted to be was a teacher. Now I list is teaching as one of my past professions. I find I gain far more knowledge when I ask questions and read and listen. By interviewing different people and then sharing what I learn, I now enjoy the best of both worlds - teaching and learning. Every week I’ll ask someone of interest 5 questions and share his or her answers.

          I chose Allyson as my first subject. She is the daughter of my niece and I’ve only met her a few times when she was very young. But following her on Facebook has triggered my interest. I find her thoughtful and caring and incredibly talented.

Read on:


 My name is Allyson, and I am a fourteen year old, straight A and athletic student. I am about to graduate eighth grade as one of the fourteen top scholars.  I absolutely love school.  My favorite subject is math, but I love science.  I play softball and run track. I enjoy writing in my free time, exercising, reading, playing guitar, listening to music, or drawing.  
Music is such an important part of my life.  I am always listening to music. From punk to country, or pop to alternative  I love it all, and I can never get enough of it.  A few of my favorites are Avril Lavigne, Pierce the Veil, Mayday Parade, Hunter Hayes, Paramore, Panic! At The Disco, Sleeping with Sirens, and Taylor Swift.
I recently read "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky. Honestly, it was one of the best books I've ever read.  Normally though I read fiction books such as "The Hunger Games" or "Divergent".  I find those most enjoyable.  I also love books about being a teenager, such as "Winter Girls" and "Speak".  
My love for reading is credited to the Harry Potter series.  Without that series I wouldn't have gotten into reading so quickly.  To be honest, I love to read and could write a paragraph solely about books I've read. 
I like to think of myself as diverse.  There isn't one type of book I like to read, there isn't one type of music I like the most.  I love all sports, all art, all music, all books, and most importantly all people.  

  1. Who are you? List 5 nouns that best describe you.

     Artist – Guitarist – Student – Traveler – Daughter

  1. What have you done that you’re most proud of?

I am actually very proud of two things I've done.  One of them is becoming one of the fourteen top scholars in my school, and the other is traveling to Europe for three weeks without my parents.

3. If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?
 
Honestly, I have no regrets in my life because every thing I've done has made me who I am.  I wouldn't change a thing.  Maybe I'd go back and try harder in sixth grade math.

     4. On a personal level, what drives you crazy? What gives you joy?
 
Arrogant and judgmental people drive me nuts.
Playing guitar, art, running, softball, and talking with people give me joy.  I also love traveling and learning new things.

5. Given no restrictions (i.e. money/physical capabilities) – what would you most like to do?

I'd travel the world and learn about all the different cultures.v



Allyson's most recent work.




Sketch from a recent trip to Paris



An example of Allyson's "scratch" art

Allyson's first work of art! (Last year)

l the world

4 comments:

  1. Great interview and what a talent this young woman has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both, it was a great interview, making me want to ask so much more. And what great answers, as well! Ah to be young again...I'd probably try harder at 6th greade math, too!

    ReplyDelete