Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Linda Silvas - Collecting Memories


          The first time I heard
Linda Silvas speak was in the backyard of mutual friends. I sat down just in time to hear her tell a wonderful story that captivated not only me but everyone within earshot. Several years later, my two teenage nephews from Pennsylvania came to visit and Linda was kind enough to explain Native traditions as we sat around a giant drum she had created. It was the highlight of the trip for the boys and me.
                    An author, an artist, an entrepreneur- Linda is always creating.

Linda Silvas

My culture is of the Juaneno Band of Mission Indians, Acjachemen tribe as well as Spanish and French. Born in 1948 and raised in San Diego, CA. I relocated to Sequim, WA in 1987. I have had many adventures, traveled to many places, and met great people.
I know what my purpose is… it is for the experience of living here. I am here to collect as many memories as I can….
This is a wonderful trip and if given the choice, I’d vacation here on earth again.






  1. Who are you? List 5 words that define you!
 Exceedingly Happy – Creative – Inventive – Strong – Homebody

  1. What have you done that you’re most proud of?
Family, Grandmother, Artist, Published Author, Weaver, Native American Tour Company. Proud of my imagination. My newest creation is a hat woven with hemp called the “Hemphed” that is going on the market this year.

  1. If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?
To know not to worry about the past.

  1. On a personal level, what drives you crazy? What gives you joy?
What drives me crazy are unconscious people. A breed that takes from others. People that mistreat and have no respect for others.

What gives me joy is taking care of my 93 year ole dad and to hear my grown grandson say “I love you Mama Linda”. And to wake up each morning.
It doesn’t get any better than that… and I love to eat good food.


  1. Given no restrictions (i.e. money/physical capabilities) – what would you most like to do?
I would pass a law that would require all top level, convicted sex offenders to be tattooed under their left eye with the initials “SP” Then they can easily be identified and not able to remove the ID.  Children, women, everyone will know to run. This type of predator has earned this type of ID. Yep! That’s what I would do with no restriction. OR … I’d form an elite vigilante group called W.A.S.P. -“Women Against Sex Predators” and we would take care of the predators ourselves. Yep!









               To learn more about Linda and her work go to:

               http://www.mamabearbabybear.com   



             “Do not look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.”



To follow “Taking the Plunge” go to:
                           Facebook:  Rebecca Redshaw-Writer

   A new profile is posted every Wednesday.  
Contact me if you'd like to recommend a person to Take the Plunge! 

   Share with Friends!

© Taking the Plunge  contact Rebecca Redshaw for permission to reuse.




No comments:

Post a Comment